The IEEE Canadian Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the IEEE in Canada
and has direct links with the IEEE Foundation and IEEE Canada. We are
registered in Canada as a charity and a public foundation. All Canadian
individual donors receive CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) approved tax receipts.
We accept donations using credit cards online, cheques by mail, or through
the IEEE Membership Renewal process (online or by mail).
Gifts may be designated to any one of the following funds of the
IEEE Canadian Foundation.
We accept any size of gift, all are deeply appreciated and put to good use.
In addition to making direct donations to the above funds, we ask that you
consider tribute or planned giving and extend your gift if your employer
offers a matching gifts program.
- General Fund - supports IEEE McNaughton Learning Resource
Centres across Canada, related Scholarships, and Special Grants
- Canadian Life Members Fund - supports activities of interest
to life members, potential engineers, and engineering students
- Technology for Humanity Fund - supports new and innovative
projects that seek to apply technology for the benefit of humanity.
- Vancouver Section Scholarship Fund - supports scholarships
awarded by the IEEE Vancouver Section
- The IEEE PES Canadian Scholarship Fund - supports scholarships in undergraduate electric power programs in Canada
- The IEEE Canadian Foundation Nick Cercone Graduate Scholarship in Computer Science Fund - supports a scholarship in Computer Science, a field of studies of interest to IEEE
- Kingston Section Scholarship Fund – supports scholarships awarded by the IEEE Kingston Section
- Raymond D. Findlay Annual Undergraduate Scholarship – supports a national scholarship recognizing leadership and professionalism
- Dave Kemp Memorial Fund – perpetuates Daves’s memory by supporting IEEE programs that match his passions - including Young Professionals and Students in Canada
If you are able, or your company is able, we encourage one-time gifts to
endow a prize, scholarship, grant or bursary in perpetuity.
We have a new program for Canadian life members and a donor recognition
program for all donors.
On the left side, you will find links under "Ways to Give" to expand upon
this brief introduction.
At the bottom are links to let you know where all of the more that one
million dollars of grants etc. have been disbursed.
Thank you for visiting this page and please give generously.
scholarships awarded ,
centre grants awarded ,
special grants awarded ,
endowed grants awarded
list of centres ,
frequently asked questions